McDaniel ID required for access after 9PM.
Hoover Library is currently CLOSED. Patrons can return items to the 24-hour drop-box located to the right of the main entrance.
Faculty: Please see our page on Teaching in the time of COVID-19
Students: please see our page on Learning in the time of COVID-19
What password do I use to access the library databases and journals?
In order to access the New York Times (NYT), every user must go through a registration process using their McDaniel email address. Access to the NYT subscription is available to all students, faculty, and staff.
Create account or log in
You must use your McDaniel address and not connect with Google or Facebook.
You will be asked to indicate whether you are student or faculty/staff.
This will be your only notice of your expiration date. Set a calendar reminder
Access The Chronicle of Higher Education
The Chronicle of Higher Education can be accessed through the Hoover Library website (hoover.mcdaniel.edu).
1. To access The Chronicle of Higher Education through the Hoover Library website, select the link to the A-Z Database list from the home page.
2. Once the list has opened, select ‘C’ from the options at the top of the list.
3. Select the Chronicle of Higher Education from the shortened list of options. If you are accessing The Chronicle from an off-campus location, you will be asked to provide your McDaniel username and password. You can also bookmark this link for faster access.
Subscribe to Newsletters
You can also subscribe to specific newsletter updates by creating your own account. Example newsletters include Teaching: A newsletter with insight on what works in and around the classroom and Academe Today: The Chronicle's free daily newsletter.
4. In order to receive regular newsletters via email from The Chronicle, you will need to create an individual account. Select the ‘Log In’ button at the top right of the page.
5. Beneath the Log In screen, you will see a link that enables you to ‘Create an Account.’
6. This link will take you to a separate page to enter your information. At this point, you are able to subscribe to any/all of the Newsletter email options which The Chronicle provides by checking the desired boxes.
· You will need to confirm your email address before The Chronicle accepts your new login; it will send you an email immediately upon account creation.
Subscribe with Existing Account
If you have an existing login with The Chronicle, you will be able to add or change your Newsletter subscriptions by selecting ‘Newsletters’ from the drop-down menu beneath your username in the upper right hand corner of the page. This will take you to a list of the Newsletters for which you are currently registered, and permit you to add/remove/change your profile preferences.
2 College Hill, Westminster, MD 21157