Faculty members may place the following types of materials on reserve:
- Books (from the Hoover Library collection or personal copies only: we cannot place books from other libraries or Interlibrary Loan materials on reserve)
- Media (DVDs, videos, CDs, etc.)
- Photocopies of single journal articles or chapters from books (Note: copies must meet the tests of brevity, spontaneity, and cumulative effect to be placed on reserve. See section 4.2.5 of the Faculty Handbook for more information.)
To place items on reserve, complete our online reserve form.
Paper copies of the reserve form are also available at the circulation desk. Photocopies of book chapters and articles must be supplied by you. Copies should be clear and of good quality and include a copyright page from the source with complete bibliographic documentation as a cover sheet.
We will process your reserve request as quickly as we can: allow 2 business days before notifying students that items have been placed on reserve. Requests are processed in the order that we receive them. Please fill out the reserve form completely: missing information may result in processing delays.
Personal copies of books and other materials placed on reserve will be marked with identification labels and security tags.
It is our policy that we will place up to three (3) copies of the same item or article on reserve.
E-Reserves and Course Packs
The library does not have an e-reserves or course pack system, however:
1. We are happy to work with you to link to the library's electronic resources via your Blackboard pages (as these instructions from Brooklyn College illustrate: https://libguides.brooklyn.cuny.edu/e-reserves/diy) We maintain a complete guide to linking to library resources here: https://lib.hoover.mcdaniel.edu/embed
2. The research guide on copyright has additional information on coursepacks as well as links to options provided by the college bookstore.
If you have any questions, please contact Circulation and Reserves Manager Arielle Baquol at 410-857-2744 or email@example.com.